City of Oak Forest City Council met February 12
City of Oak Forest City Council met Feb. 12.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
1. Pledge Of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Announcements And Community Calendar
4. Approval Of Proclamation No. 2019-02-0269p Recognizing Zachary Kuh For Achieving The Rank Of Eagle Scout
5. Proclamation No. 2019-02-0270p Recognizing The Oak Forest High School Varsity Cheerleaders
6. Recognition Of Oak Forest Police Department’s Receipt Of The 2018 Flame Of Hope Award From The Illinois Chapter Of The Law Enforcement Torch Run For Special Olympics
7. Motion To Establish Consent Agenda
8. Consent Agenda:
A. Approval of Minutes:
1. City Council - January 22, 2019
B. Consideration of the following Lists of Bills dated:
1. Regular Bills Fiscal Year 2018-2019 - February 12, 2019
2. Supplemental Bills Fiscal Year 2018-2019 - February 12, 2019
C. Consideration of the following Commission Minutes:
1. Committee of the Whole - May 22, 2018
2. Committee of the Whole - June 12, 2018
3. Committee of the Whole - August 14, 2018
4. Committee of the Whole - November 13, 2018
5. Cable - December 13, 2018
6. Emergency Telephone System Board (911) - January 8, 2019
7. Consumer Protection - January 16, 2019
D. Consideration of the following reports:
1. Baxter & Woodman Project Status Report - February 2, 2019
A. Approval of Jack Janozik as City Clerk. The attached memo from Mayor Kuspa, dated February 7, 2019, provides supporting details.
A. Approval of Ordinance No. 2019-02-0721O amending the Oak Forest Municipal Code pertaining to “Alternative Nicotine Products”. The attached memo from Police Chief Kristin, dated February 12, 2019, provides supporting details.
B. Approval of the renewal of the Standard Software Maintenance Agreement with Tyler Technologies. The attached memo from Police Chief Kristn, dated February 12, 2019, provides supporting details.
A. Approval of repairs to Fire Engine 99-983 in the budgeted amount of $18,356.36 by Chandler Services Inc. of Mokena, Illinois. The attached memo from Fire Chief Duffy, dated January 24, 2019, provides supporting details.
B. Approval of an increase in hourly pay for part-time Firefighter/Paramedics from $13/shift hour to $20/shift hour. The attached memo from Fire Chief Duffy, dated January 29, 2019, provides supporting details.
12. Public Works
A. Approval of the purchase of AED Defibrillators from Coro Medical for $18,000, 50% of it funded with a ComEd Powering Safe Communities Grant. The attached memo from Public Works Director Rinchich, dated February 5, 2019, provides supporting details.
13. Community Development
A. Discussion of Temporary Signage, postponed at the January 8, 2019 meeting of the City Council. The attached information from Economic & Community Development Director Bandstra is for review by the City Council.
14. Citizens Participation: The Oak Forest City Council invites public comment at its meetings, but it generally does not have the ability to provide an immediate response to some questions raised during the Citizens Participation portion of a council meeting without some reasonable opportunity to review them. Therefore, the City Council encourages questions to also be submitted in writing in the event that they need to be referred to City staff to help assure a more thoughtful and informed response.
15. Old Business
16. New Business
17. Executive Session: The purpose of this Executive Session is to discuss the purchase or lease of real property for use by the City of Oak Forest, and to discuss the setting of a price for sale or lease of real estate owned by the City of Oak Forest.