Palos Heights City Council met April 16
Palos Heights City Council met April 16.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
1. CALL TO ORDER
3. ROLL CALL
4. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
A. Recognition and Proclamation congratulating Alderman Fulkerson on his retirement after serving the City as Ward 3 Alderman for 22 years.
B. Proclamation congratulating Dr. Michael Lynch on his retirement after 25 years serving on the Board of Palos Heights Elementary School District 128.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
A. Approval of Minutes:
1. City Council Meeting, March 19, 2019
B. Approval of Payroll and Voucher List for the period ending April 12, 2019.
C. Approval of a request from St. Alexander School to conduct their annual 5K Raider Run/Walk on Thursday, May 9, 2019 from 5 to 7 p.m. on a designated route in the Olde Palos and Navajo Hills subdivisions.
D. Approval of a request from Richard’s Bicycles to conduct a Tent Sale from May 18-27, 2019.
E. Approval of a request from Richard’s Bicycles to conduct an Ebike event on July 13-14 and August 17-18, 2019.
F. Approval of a request from Misericordia to conduct their annual Candy Days fundraiser in the City of Palos Heights on Friday, April 26 and Saturday April 27.
OPENING OF SEALED BIDS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICIALS Mayor:
6. General Remarks and Updates.
7. Motion to approve an Ordinance correcting the City Code to reflect the number of Liquor Licenses currently issued.
8. Motion to approve the Mayor’s re-appointments of the following:
Pat Scully, Planning & Zoning Commission, 5-year term John Sexton, Police & Fire Commission, 3-year term Charles Doerr, Police & Fire Commission, 3-year term Matt Hunt, Police Pension Board, 2-year term
Denise Hyker, Recreation Advisory Board, 5-year term Lynda Schiappa, Recreation Advisory Board, 5-year term
9. Motion to pass a resolution requesting permission from IDOT to close a portion of Harlem Avenue on Wednesday, July 4, 2019 for the Annual 4th of July Parade between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
10. A public hearing has been scheduled before the Zoning Board of Appeals on Monday, April 22, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. to consider a petition for a zoning variance to allow a 6-foot, 6-inch side yard setback to allow the construction of a garage at 12200 S. 69th Avenue, John Evans, petitioner. Docket #2019-02.
11. A public hearing has been scheduled before the Zoning Board of Appeals on Monday, April 22, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. to consider a petition for a zoning variance to allow a 7-foot yard setback to allow the construction of an oversized detached garage (1,200 square feet) at 12554 S. 76th Avenue, John Sokolowski, petitioner. Docket #2019-03.
12. Treasurer’s Report for the month ending March 31, 2019.
13. Motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report for the month ending March 31, 2019.
CITIZENS WISHING TO ADDRESS THE COUNCIL* (Please move to the podium.) REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES
Finance: Chairperson Alderman Fulkerson
Public Safety: Chairperson Alderman McGovern Municipal Grounds and Property: ChairpersonAldermanBasso
14. Motion to approve the purchase of an algae/chara maintenance program for Lake Katherine from McCloud Aquatics in the amount of $9,860.00.
15. Motion to approve the purchase of lawn service and vegetation control from TruGreen in the amount of $15,278.59.
16. Motion to approve the purchase of a replacement pickup truck for the Motor Vehicle Maintenance Department through the Suburban Purchasing Cooperative in the amount of $32,673.00.
Planning and Zoning: ChairpersonAldermanClifford
Roads and Construction: Chairperson Alderman Kramarski
17. Motion to approve a Resolution establishing prevailing wage rates on Public Works contracts.
18. Motion to approve a payment to IDOT in the amount of $13,086.75 for the Ridgeland Avenue project.
License, Permits & Franchises: Chairperson Alderman McGrogan
19. Motion to approve a tent permit application from Richard’s Bicycles for their Tent Sale on May 18-27.
20. Motion to approve a tent permit application from Richard’s Bicycles for their Ebike event on July 13- 14 and August 17-18, 2019.
Water and Sewer: Chairperson Alderman Bylut
REPORTS OF SPECIAL COMMITTEES Business/EconomicDevelopment: ChairpersonAldermanKey Ad Hoc Cable TV: Chairperson Alderman Fulkerson
21. Channel 4 Report
CITIZENS WISHING TO ASK QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS EVENING’S BUSINESS* (Please move to the Podium.)