Palos Heights City Council met May 21
Palos Heights City Council met May 21.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
1. CALL TO ORDER
3. ROLL CALL
4. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
A. Donation from Palos Lions Club to the Palos Heights Police Department for their Special Olympics Fundraiser.
5. CONSENT AGENDA
A. Approval of Minutes:
1. City Council Meeting, May 7, 2019
2. Committee of the Whole Meeting, May 8, 2019
B. Approval of Payroll and Voucher List for the period ending May 17, 2019.
C. Motion to approve a special event permit application from Meier Realty for a Free Shred event on June 22, 2019.
OPENING OF SEALED BIDS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICIALS
6. General Remarks and Updates.
7. Motion to approve a Memorandum of Understanding with The Oak Lawn Regional Water Service (RWS) for a Water Transmission Main Project.
8. Motion to approve an agreement to purchase the property at 13040 Cypress Lane for the Cypress Lane Drainage Project. Price will be determined by 2 appraisals.
9. Treasurer’s Report for the month ending April 30, 2019.
10. Motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report for the month ending April 30, 2019.
CITIZENS WISHING TO ADDRESS THE COUNCIL* (Please move to the podium.)
REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES
Finance: Chairperson Alderman McGrogan
Public Safety: Chairperson Alderman McGovern
Municipal Grounds and Property: Chairperson Alderman Basso Planning and Zoning: Chairperson Alderman Clifford
11. Motion to adopt an Ordinance approving the proposed Owl Woods Subdivision for the reconfiguration of 2 parcels located at 8136 Misty Meadow Drive.
12. Motion to adopt an Ordinance approving a 7-foot side yard set-back to allow for the construction of an oversized detached garage (900 s.f.) at 12554 S. 76th Avenue.
13. Motion to approve a change order with Country Landscape & Supply for pool deck drainage in the amount of $15,703.50.
14. Motion to approve Engineer’s Payment Estimate to Country Landscape for the Pool Deck Concrete Replacement project in the amount of $40,703.50.
15. Motion to approve replacement of tennis court lighting at Community Park by MarchOne Electrical Design in the amount of $11,528.00.
16. Motion to approve the Palos Baseball Organization request for extended use of lighting on Pony Field and North Field on June 8 and 21, 2019 until 11:00 p.m. and for possible rain dates of June 26-28, 2019 until 11:00 p.m.
17. Motion to approve the OSLAD (Open Space Land Acquisition and Development) grant agreement with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources for the Palmer Park redevelopment project.
Roads and Construction: Chairperson Alderman Kramarski
18. Motion to award the 2019 MFT Roads-Resurfacing Project (including Metra lot resurfacing) to Lindahl Brothers Inc. for $482,709.40.
License, Permits & Franchises: Chairperson Alderman Lewandowski Water and Sewer: Chairperson Alderman Bylut
19. Motion to approve a proposal from Christopher Burke Engineering to perform a Water Rate Study at a cost of $13,400.
REPORTS OF SPECIAL COMMITTEES Business/EconomicDevelopment: ChairpersonAldermanKey Ad Hoc Cable TV
CITIZENS WISHING TO ASK QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS EVENING’S BUSINESS* (Please move to the Podium.) NEW BUSINESS