Palos Heights City Council met Oct. 1.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
1. CALL TO ORDER
3. ROLL CALL
4. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
A. The Kiwanis Club of Palos Heights will present a check to the City of Palos Heights (from the proceeds of the Beer Tent at the Independence Day Celebration).
5. CONSENT AGENDA
A. Approval of Minutes:
1. City Council Meeting, September 17, 2019
2. Public Hearing, September 17, 2019
B. Approval of Payroll and Voucher List for the period ending September 27, 2019.
OPENING OF SEALED BIDS
REPORTS OF CITY OFFICIALS
6. General Remarks and Updates.
CITIZENS WISHING TO ADDRESS THE COUNCIL* (Please move to the podium.)
REPORTS OF STANDING COMMITTEES
Finance: Chairperson Alderman McGrogan
Public Safety: Chairperson Alderman McGovern
Municipal Grounds and Property: Chairperson Alderman Basso
7. Motion to approve a payment of $19,375.00 to JGS Landscape Architects for the City Hall landscaping project.
8. Motion to approve the purchase of holiday decorations for the 2 new light poles at City Hall from Temple Display Ltd. in the amount of $1,881.08
9. Motion to approve a payment of $11,073.46 to Metalcraft Industries Inc. for the City’s Welcome Signs.
10. Motion to approve repair of the Lake Katherine waterfall pump by Rainbow Electric Company at a cost of $7,975.00.
Planning and Zoning: Chairperson Alderman Clifford
Recreation: Chairperson Alderman Key
Roads and Construction: Chairperson Alderman Kramarski
License, Permits & Franchises: Chairperson Alderman Lewandowski
Water and Sewer: Chairperson Alderman Bylut
11. Motion to approve a payment of $10,766.00 to M.E. Simpson Co Inc. for the Valve Exercising Program.
12. Motion to approve a payment of $11,703.00 to M.E. Simpson Co Inc. for the Fire Hydrant Flow/Watermain Capacity Testing Program.
13. Motion to approve a payment of $10,527.85 to RJN Group for professional engineering services in the month of August.
14. Motion to approve the repair of the underground diesel tank storage tank at the 78th Ave Pump Station with B&K Equipment in the amount of $10,550.00.
REPORTS OF SPECIAL COMMITTEES
Business/Economic Development: Chairperson Alderman Key
Ad Hoc Cable TV: Chairperson Alderman McGovern
CITIZENS WISHING TO ASK QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS EVENING’S BUSINESS* (Please move to the Podium.)