COOK COUNTY HOSPITAL: Cook County Health Shares Tips to Make Your Resolutions Stick
Cook County Hospital issued the following announcement on Dec. 30.
The New Year brings with it a world of possibilities, and creating resolutions is a fun tradition. However, sometimes they can be difficult to maintain. For those who want their 2019 resolutions to stick, here are some suggestions:
• Create specific and realistic goals. Focus on things you know are attainable with a little hard work.
• Set incremental goals. For instance, if you plan on going to the gym five days a week, begin by trying to go to the gym twice a week. Once you have done that with success, you may want to add another day, and then more.
• Partner with a friend. Ask someone who has a similar resolution as you to work together and hold each other accountable.
• Keep your eye on the prize. Visualize yourself attaining your goal. This will help you stay focused and keep a positive momentum.
• Believe in yourself. Write down a list of positive affirmations and read them. If you miss a few days of sticking to your goal, just know that the next day is another day to meet with success.
Make 2019 the year you not only set goals, but also achieve them!
Original source can be found here.
Source: Cook County Hospital