City of Calumet City Council will meet September 4
City of Calumet City Council met Sept. 4.
Here is the agenda provided by the council:
An Ordinance & Resolutions Committee Meeting is being called for Thursday, August 29, 2019, at 6:00 PM for consideration of the following matters:
1) Discussion of an ordinance amending existing ordinance requiring registration of automotive trailers and all semi-trailers allowable under state of Illinois Statues,
2) Discussion of an amendment to Article X Section 90-624 - Penalty.
3) Discussion of an ordinance requiring all residential and commercial rental vacancies exceeding 30 days to be registered with the City by the landlord or property management company.
4) Discussion of an ordinance establishing a fine of up to $5000.00 issuable to Legal Guardians of Minors (11-19) for violations of the Illinois Parental Responsibility Act. That in which also be for a local ordinance violation of any delinquent act stated in the Parental Responsibility Act 740 (ILCS) Illinois Compiled Statue 115.
5) Discussion of an ordinance establishing a fine of up to $5000.00 issuable to Persons of responsibility of the resident, apartment or the domicile of Minors (11-19) that are visiting other Calumet City residents or places for the purpose of violations of the Illinois Parental Responsibility Act. That in which also be for a local ordinance violation of any delinquent act stated in the Parental Responsibility Act 740 (ILCS) Illinois Compiled Statue 115.
6) Discussion of an ordinance establishing that vehicles that are involved in acts in violation of Illinois Compiled Statues (including but not limited too); vehicle pursuits, fleeing and eluding Police, ducing which, initiated or traveling within or traveled through the geographical boundaries of the City of Calumet City shall be towed upon its location and held for the duration and/or completion of the relevant investigation and or charges and shall be assessed an administrative tow release fee of no less than $1000.00.
7. Discussion regarding an amnendment to ordivance Chapter 14-1 ) Conditional certificate of compliance; procedures
8) Discussion regarding the drafting of a multi-unit towing contract compliance ordinance.
Mayor Michelle All Alderman City Attorney All Departments