Village of Alsip Village Committee met Sept. 30.
Here is the agenda provided by the committee:
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. BID OPENING
A. Public Works: Parkway Tree Pruning
B. Water and Sewer: Rehabilitation of the 1,000,000 gallon Hydropillar High Tanks
4. OFFICERS REPORTS
A. Mayor Ryan
B. Clerk Petzel
1) Presentation of the August 2019 Motor Fuel Tax Allotment in the amount of $64,103.66.
5. PUBLIC FORUM
6. STANDING COMMITTEES
A. Finance, Trustee McLawhorn
1) List of payroll and accounts payable.
2) Presentation by BKD (the low bidder) for audit services between the Village of Alsip and BKD, LLP.
B. Fire, Trustee Murphy
1) Discussion amending the current ordinance regarding grills on balconies from the current language to no grills on any type of balcony.
2) Discussion on creating a new ordinance requiring commercial and industrial landlords to notify the Village’s Building Department of all new tenants prior to them moving in. Failure to do so shall result in a fine.
3) Discussion on an Intergovernmental Agreement with the Village and the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services. This is to participate in the GEMT Program to recoup EMS billing from Medicaid transports.
C. Police and Traffic Safety, Trustee Dalzell
D. Public Works and Boat Launch, Trustee Juarez
1) Request for approval for the Superintendent of Public Works to attend the Illinois Public Works Mutual Aide Conference on October 15th and 16th in Bloomington, IL at a cost not to exceed $180.00 for hotel accommodations.
2) Request for approval to advertise for the 2019 MWRD High Priority Area Cured-InPlace-Pipelining Project. The bid opening will be held at the October 21st, 2019 Village Board Meeting.
E. Sewer and Water, Trustee Nava-Esparza
1) Request for approval to purchase Water Meters and FlexNet Radio at a cost not to exceed $61,075.00 for the ongoing replacement of residential water meters. This has been appropriated for in the FY20 budget.
F. Building and Health, Trustee Zielinski
G. Human Resources and Insurance, Trustee Murphy
1) REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF AN ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER 15 ½, PERSONNEL, ARTICLE II, EMPLOYEE REQUIREMENTS AND BENEFITS, SECTION 15 ½-38, VACATIONS, OF THE MUNICIPAL CODE OF THE VILLAGE OF ALSIP.
7. SPECIAL COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. Economic Development, Trustee Nava-Esparza
1) Presentation by Diliberto Real Estate Services regarding the property owned by the Village of Alsip at 11706-30 S. Pulaski Road and the results of the September 24th, 2019 auction.
2) REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE SALE OF THE PROPERTY COMMONLY KNOWN AS 11706-11730 SOUTH PULASKI ROAD, ALSIP, ILLINOIS, IN FURTHERANCE OF THE OBJECTIVES OF THE REDEVELOPMENT PLAN AND PROJECT APPROVED FOR THE PULASKI ROAD CORRIDOR TIF REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT AREA.
B. Village Properties, Trustee McLawhorn
1) Request for approval to have Shamrock Blacktop Inc. (the lowest of three quotes) to sealcoat the parking lot at Heritage I for a cost not to exceed $12,850.00.
2) Request for approval to have Shamrock Blacktop Inc. (the lowest of three quotes) to sealcoat the parking lot at Heritage II for a cost not to exceed $19,120.00.
3) Discussion and recommendation to have the rent freeze lifted at the Heritage I and Heritage II complexes to meet the need for maintenance, capital projects and equipment.
C. Ordinance and Legislation, Trustee Zielinski
D. Information Technology, Trustee Dalzell
E. Planning & Zoning and Licenses, Trustee Juarez
1) REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF AN ORDINANCE OF THE VILLAGE OF ALSIP GRANTING A SPECIAL USE PERMIT AUTHORIZING THE REPAIR AND TH STORAGE OF TRUCKS FOR THE PROPERTY LOCATED AT 4627-33 WEST 120 STREET, ALSIP, ILLINOIS.
2) Presentation of a list of licenses dated September 10 though September 30 , 2019.
8. PRESENTATIONS, PETITIONS, COMMUNICATIONS
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
10. NEW BUSINESS
11. CLOSED SESSION: To discuss the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees of the public body or legal counsel for the public body, including hearing testimony on a complaint lodged against an employee of the public body or against legal counsel for the public body to determine its validity pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(1). (requested by Mayor Ryan)